My Lathe

After thinking about it for quite a while I finally took the plunge and bought a lathe, I've always liked making things, usually it's with a soldering iron and some electronic components but now I'd like to try my hand at turning metal.
Anyway here are some of my experiences and discoveries, I hope someone finds them useful.

Friday 2 January 2015

The First Entry

Having had a blog for my interest in electronics and the Arduino open source project for some time I decided to start a new blog to share my experiences with my new lathe, purchased in 2014, rather that confuse my existing blog.


Let's get one thing out in the open at the very beginning, I'm not an expert tool maker or an experienced hobby engineer I'm an electronics engineer with an interest in making things and a lathe is now part of my toolbox.

There is already quite a lot of information out there for lathes but most of it seems to be for larger/ older  lathes, way over my budget and probably too big to fit in my garage.

What I'd like to do is create some entries describing the process of how I went about buying a budget lathe and then moving on to the things I learned from reading other peoples blogs and many visits to YouTube which helped me improve both my lathe and my understanding of the lathe.

As you may be aware from reading my other blog, I'm not a prolific blogger and there may be quite some time between blogs.......

No comments:

Post a Comment